Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Fresh from the Zoo This Morning

The photo and presumably the bamboo as well.

A brisk walk this morning took us past the pandas, who were enjoying breakfast, or perhaps second-breakfast, or maybe just one-of-many-breakfasts in their day of continuous munching. (I was accused of being hard on the pandas because I commented on their constant eating, but I didn't intend my observation as a criticism. In fact, I myself would definitely join the order of Our Lady of Perpetual Snacking if there were such an organization, provided it didn't have a religious component.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

People thought that was criticism? Your very clear appreciation of their adorable hedonism? (strange phrase, but it's true!) Yikes... Well, I blame Michelle Obama. Though, to be fair, she didn't strictly begin the enjoying-food-is-badbadBADDDDDDDD message.

Anca said...

I blame her, too. She no doubt ate paella in Spain instead of eating oiled seafood in the Gulf to emphasize that everything's been cleaned up. The First Ladies these days!

I'm with the pandas, who are like the hobbits (they eat all day, too, which is what makes them so charming).

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...