Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sibling Rivalry: I Eat Your Head


Watching the lion cubs pounce on each other, I asked a friend of mine if this reminded her at all of her childhood with her sister; she said it was quite familiar.

Between that confirmation and the tales Annie tells me of pinning down her younger brothers and sister and tickling them mercilessly, I am fully convinced that I didn’t miss a whole lot, having not had a sibling until I was in college--or, rather, that I don't mind having missed a whole lot.

{A note: I do write all text and take all pictures. Please do not reproduce either without my permission.}

3 comments:

Anca said...

I'm glad dad and I helped in that loss :).

biobabbler said...

rawr! =) So cute!

I had a friend in high school who had 2 older brothers and she would frequently show up with giant bruises on her shoulder. She'd just be walking down the hallway at home and one would just haul off and punch her deltoid. 'Cause he's a guy.

I asked my husband when he stopped getting hit by his brothers, and he said "When they went away to college."

Yikes. =) Love the photo--reminds me of wrestling with cousins.

Olivia V. Ambrogio said...

Yes--I rarely had any desire for a sibling when I was a kid, but when my mother was little she demanded an older brother. Apart from the practical difficulties involved, her father convinced her it wasn't such a great idea after all by pointing out that such a sibling would probably spend most of his time beating her up. Suddenly only-child-hood seemed more palatable.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...