Friday, June 10, 2011

Flamingo Friday: The Yearling



No, I’m not referring to the (still-not-quite-a-year-hatched) flamingelehs, or to a novel about a deer—I’m talking about this blog, which is now one year old!

To recognize that anniversary, I thought I’d serve up some statistics alongside my flamingo photos.

I started the blog just a couple of months after moving to DC; Annie convinced me to do it, probably hoping that if I had a broader audience with which to share my nature photos and anecdotes I wouldn’t bug her with them as much (ha!). Since its inception, the blog has had over 6,000 visits (and over 12,000 pageviews) from almost 2,400 people from 95 different countries (most from the U.S., the UK, Canada, South Africa, India, and France).

In that time, I’ve posted 261 entries, including 55 Flamingo Friday posts. Just for the record: flamingos are not my favorite animal, but I do like them, and they’re very photogenic.


Some of the all-time most popular posts on the blog include:
Is That a Fire Hose in Your Pocket, or Are You Just a Barnacle?
The Frogs Die in Earnest
I’ve Got a Mantis Shrimp and I’m not Afraid to Use It
Desire Under the Aviary

Some of the much-less-visited but equally deserving posts (hint, hint) include:
The Proposal
Hey, BIRD!!!
The Frog Game
Flamingo Friday: A Strainer Among Us


That’s it. That’s all the statistics I’m willing to force on you (although I have more of them, terrifyingly enough). So I’ll just end by saying, Thanks for reading. I hope you’ll continue to do so.


{A note: I do write all text and take all pictures. Please do not reproduce either without my permission.}

2 comments:

Anca said...

For a bird who's not your favorite, it's surely become a Friday passion with me. We selected paint for a dark room to match the flamingos. The paint manufacturers call it something like "raging coral," but they should have named it "one among many flamingo colors":). Yeah, I know, not much purchase on that.

Good ol' Ant said...

Congratulations on one year as a blogger. You are providing a wonderful service -- even getting those of us who think that animals have no plot to reconsider our thinking.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...