Monday, September 5, 2011

Everybody Needs a Rest on Labor Day




Just as I was heading out to the zoo this afternoon, a dragonfly alighted on the railing of our apartment building. Since I had my camera at hand, I took several photos of it. Little did I know that those would be the only pictures I took today…

I had only gotten to the Great Cats exhibit and was alternately watching the tiger pace and making a mental list of the Individuals Most Likely To Be Selected Against (evolutionarily, that is: they’re the ones that roar back at the tiger) when the already ominous sky grew black, and the first drops of rain began to fall—so I rushed back home, hunched shrimplike over my camera bag. I was disappointed to miss most of the zoo, but since I only captured a few images, I’m glad they were of a subject so entirely appropriate to Labor Day.

{A note: I do write all text and take all pictures. Please do not reproduce either without my permission.}

2 comments:

Anca Vlasopolos said...

Even the railing looks beautiful! And it, too, is taking a respite for Labor Day:).

pattinase (abbott) said...

Too gorgeous for words-both the the railing and the dragonfly.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...