Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Bamboo--My Favorite!



As I have said many times before and will no doubt continue to say many times, I love pandas for the absolute delight they take in eating. Here is a species whose members must eat voraciously, prodigiously, every day, in order to overcome the inefficiencies of their digestive system. How easily could they become bitter and unhappy, brooding and protesting their lot in the life! And yet instead, they are perpetually thrilled by the opportunity to eat more bamboo.


Each time I visit the zoo, I watch the pandas approach what could be perceived as an onerous task with the glee of a gourmand, and their excitement and good cheer is infectious.

There must be some kind of moral in there, but I’m not going to try to find it. I’m just going to go get some of my favorite foods, so I can enjoy them as much as a panda would.



{A note: I do write all text and take all pictures. Please do not reproduce either without my permission.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...