Wednesday, December 18, 2013

In which I demonstrate great powers of recovery


Coming back from the dead-tired after a week-long conference, I have not forgotten the 30-day photo challenge (see biobabbler’s blog for more).

Many of the following photos were taken on their appropriate day last week, others—well, weren’t.

A friend:


Joey and I have been friends since 7th grade (I used to be taller). We were in Delaware together this October.


Humans meet nature: what better example than a building touched by rainbow?



Beauty:


I spied these rain-beaded leaves lying on the wooden curb surrounding a tree on the sidewalk on my walk to work, proving that even the grimy streets of Dupont Circle are crammed with loveliness.


Dance and shadows (two in one):


These autumn sweet-gum leaves were on the verge of a gavotte, I’m sure.


Artificial light:





Outside in (I was inside my hotel room taking a picture of the sunset behind these buildings):





A face: San Francisco sea lions! (more in a later post)





Animals:


This is a ladybug larva. I think they look like crazy lion-spiky-monsters from old bestiaries.


Water:





Sky:





The stranger:


Technically I was the stranger in this mew gull’s winter habitat, but I had never seen one before (look at that tiny little bill!), so I’m saying that counts.

More soon, this time with words!


{A note: I do write all text and take all pictures. Please do not reproduce either without my permission.}

3 comments:

Anca said...

Lovely images! And thanks for the mew gull, which I've not seen, ever.

biobabbler said...

Those photographs are SO GREAT, I want to pout & leave the room.

When I saw the "water" shot, I said aloud, "Good God, woman." & a MEW gull?!? I LOVE them. Little pigeon heads. Your sky shot is CLEARLY FAKE, so I won't discuss it. The face shot?!? And the texture of the fabulously opaque, jade water around him/her, that 100% matches the texture of the sea lion's cheeks?!?

On second thought, I AM going to pout & storm out.

Olivia V. Ambrogio said...

--Hey, hey, let's not pretend that YOU have not been taking magnificent photos left and right!

I am a little suspicious of the sky shot, I admit. I mean, I was *there*, but I still can't quite believe the sunrise happened. My first morning in San Francisco, too--and never anything even remotely interesting the next five mornings.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...