Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Charisma Begins: Red Pandas (part one)

I don’t have a whole lot to say about red pandas (beyond what I already wrote in this post) except, “They’re so cute!” But then, since that’s sort of the reason for this entry, it’s not really a problem. I can say that they are not cooperative photo subjects; in some ways, they’re even worse than otters, for all that the otters are more frenetically active. Red pandas like to do things like curl up, ever so adorably, in trees, where branches and leaves obscure their fox-like features.


Or they like to walk through their enclosure, scent-marking it—all very admirable, I’m sure, but even at a slow pace, they climb up and down and behind things, making it very difficult to get a clear shot.


There have been lucky moments, however, and now that it’s late autumn and the trees are mainly bare of leaves, it’s much easier to get pictures that include these guys’ faces (there’s a male and a female). So enough of the narrative; enjoy the photos.









{A note: I do write all text and take all pictures. Please do not reproduce either without my permission.}

1 comment:

Anca said...

They ARE so CUTE! The peek-a-boo from behind the tree is fabulous! Again, the ecologically incorrect desire for one of these as my own makes itself known . . .

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...