Monday, August 26, 2013

Monday's Moral Dilemma: The Face of Weevil


One of the great things about having a macro lens when you, personally, do not have a garden is that you can appreciate pest species for their aesthetic qualities without being troubled by what they’re noshing on.

Take this rose weevil, for example. I can admire its strange shape and its entertaining name (it’s a lot of fun to say “weevil” over and over again—try it) without worrying about what damage it might be doing to the rose bush it was perched on.

Does that make me a bad person?




{A note: I do write all text and take all pictures. Please do not reproduce either without my permission.}

3 comments:

Anca said...

No, but you're no green thumb, either:). Or, better put, you get no green thumb, as murderous I do.

Olivia V. Ambrogio said...

Well, I might've gotten a *grey* thumb if I had crushed a weevil--rather than the green thumb you get from aphid-killing--but I take your point. :)

biobabbler said...

It makes you a naturalist. Someone who appreciates things for their own sake, like John Muir. Heaven forfend… =)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...