Friday, September 7, 2012

Flamingo Friday - Pretty in Punk




Okay, I suppose it's not all that punk, but sometimes you get a little excited about using the "posterize" function in Photoshop, and then you start thinking about good names for flamingo rock bands...

Like, for example:

Flamingo Bingo
The Beakies
The Down and Outs (get it, down?)
Head-Flagging in November
Penny Pinfeather and the Fowlettes

Feel free to add to the list! You never know when you might come across some frustrated flamingo musicians just waiting to launch their careers.


{A note: I do write all text and take all pictures. Please do not reproduce either without my permission.}

6 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Amazing how many looks you can shoot with a flamingo.

Olivia V. Ambrogio said...

I know, isn't it? That's how Flamingo Friday began!

Kallen said...

I tried doing a flamingo Friday once (http://biojournalism.com/2012/08/flamingus-polymerpinkus/), but yours are much more impressive. At the very least, your photos are amazing!

For the record, I love "Penny Pinfeather and the Fowlettes," who I'm imagining play the roots of rock and roll.

Olivia V. Ambrogio said...

Thanks for the kind words! And I really enjoyed that flamingo post of yours! Not a species I usually come across...

Good Ol' Ant said...

Only Flamingo band names I can think of at the moment:

* The Flaming O's
* Flamingo-a-gogo (takes me back to the '60s)

Olivia V. Ambrogio said...

I like it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...