Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Time flies




I must admit that, since I got my macro lens almost a year ago(!), I've become a real fan of flies. Not only are they beautifully iridescent but they (who would have thought it?) STAY STILL--at least, more so than bees or butterflies or ants.

And yet their stillness is so clearly temporary that each second in which they stand, frozen, seems like a lovely gift I'd be a fool not to take advantage of.

There's a lesson in that somewhere...

{A note: I do write all text and take all pictures. Please do not reproduce either without my permission.}

1 comment:

Anca said...

It is amazing to see such colors on them. I wish I knew more about each kind. Some are of course the noxious ones, but others are pollinators, too.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...