Friday, July 9, 2010

Flamingo Friday: Flamingelehs!


Or flaminglings, or flaminginis, or however you like to refer to little flamingos. At least two young have hatched, and several other flamingos still have eggs; I’m not sure if that means more young will hatch or that those eggs aren’t going to do much. But I’m hopeful.


And they’re pretty cute, in an endearing, semi-ugly kind of way...


...especially when they’re trying to act like their parents and stand on one leg.


Or when they're pleading:


Or feeding:



Or pecking at their parent's big foot to get it out of their face:


Or just lying around.



P.S. I just want you all to know that I am so dedicated to the art of photography, to this blog, and to you my readers, that I risked being "blessed," as they say, by a huge flock of starlings that were positioned in the trees right above me as I took pictures of the little flamingos. -In fact, my camera-bag strap did get blessed. But what the hell, it came out with some water and rubbing alcohol.

1 comment:

pattinase (abbott) said...

I like his feet. Maybe with feet like that, I'd never fall over again.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...